Claims Process Information
Welcome to all PFI investors. These pages are designed to help you understand the claims process. We have a few resources available to you. First, you can watch our video tutorial to support you in better understanding the components of your claims package. Watch the tutorial to get key questions answered and more fully understand your financial statements with a column by column tutorial for Schedules A, B1, and B2. Below are FAQ's written by our counsel that you can read. They include how you can submit questions or ask to speak to a committee member one-on-one.
PFI Claims Process FAQ's
1. Where can I find information to help me understand my netted claim?
2. What is a unit of account or UOA number?
2A If you have multiple investments under different social security or tax identification numbers, you may receive multiple, but different packages, each with a unique UOA Claim No. Each unique UOA Claim No. is treated as a separate and distinct netted Restitution Claim in the bankruptcy case.
Unit of Account Numbers appear on the top of Schedules A and B as shown below.
5. I do not dispute the “Total Restitution Claim” amount but there is information that is incorrect on my Schedule A or in the claim package, such as my address is wrong or I want my distributions sent to me in a specific name or at a different address. What do I do?
If there is a change you need made to the information in the claim package that you received, but you do not otherwise dispute the Total Restitution Claim amount, you need to complete and return the Customized Investor Proof of Claim Form provided in the claim package, but you only need to complete Part 1, sections 2 and 8, and Part 2.
6. The amount invested in a particular investment seems really high, although all of the other information, including the Total Restitution Claim, appears accurate.
9. If I disagree with the details provided in Schedule B1 and it affects the clawback amount, what do I need to do?
10. Why doesn’t the Debtor’s netting analysis include a calculation of my Subordinated Claim?
12. I am confused by the use of the term “rollover” in the Schedules.
13. I don’t understand how the Debtor accounted for the “Rollover” amounts in Schedule B1.
14. My investment shows a split “Rollover Cash In” contribution that is calculated as part of the netting, and a “Rolled Over Investment (In)” that is excluded from the netting calculation on the same row. Why am I not receiving full credit for the aggregate of those two rollover amounts?
15. I did not receive a Schedule B2 in my claim package. Why?
16. I received a Schedule B2 in my claim package. Are the amounts set forth in Schedule B2 included in the netting calculations?
17. I had both personal and IRA related investments with PFI, but I only received one claim package.
Portion of Applicable Heading from Schedule A
Portion of Applicable Heading from Schedule B1
If, after reviewing the information in Schedules A and B1 and any other claim packages with different UOA identifiers, you still believe that you are missing information on certain investments, please contact Cia Mackle at email@example.com to ensure you received all relevant claims documentation.
21. I was able to submit my ballot via an electronic portal on Donlin Recano’s website. Can I submit my Customized Proof of Claim Form the same way?
22. I contributed my Contributed Claims under the Plan when I voted on the Plan. Why am I receiving another Contributed Claim Election Form in my claim package?
23. I already filed a proof of claim for my investments earlier in the bankruptcy case. Do I need to file another proof of claim?
24. I’ve watched the tutorial video and I’ve read all of these FAQs, and I still have questions. What do I do now?